1) All time worst moment(s) of season 7? At the top of the list, Billy Zane's bad rug. It's a bad rug under any circumstance but it's even worse when it's expected to move around with him in an action storyline. In the film Only You, he showed his bald head (in one scene). I have no idea why he insists upon wearing that ridiculous rug.
2) Billy Zane. Was there any reason to do a three-episode arc around Billy Zane? By 1994, Billy Zane had served any and all purpose as eye candy and it was a quick decline after.
3) The character he played. He's a human who used to be a demon. To become a human, he tells Phoebe, he had to agree he could only live for 1 year. Phoebe, now in love with him, asks how much time he has left? 2 weeks. This was beyond maudlin. The absolute worst story of season seven and possibly the worst story of any Charmed season.
4) Overdoing the dying loves. It's not like seasons one through six hadn't presented the Charmed ones losing their lovers. In seasons seven, it was so overused that even the sisters joked about becoming old maids and how they might need to join a convent. As if Billy Zane wasn't bad enough, Kerr Smith came on as Paige's boyfriend and, yes, died. And then came back as a White Lighter. It was overdone to the extreme. And, Kerr Smith? Nick Lachey (also on as Leslie who takes over the "Ask Phoebe" column and becomes Phoebe's boyfriend) at least was a mini-name still when season seven was filmed. Kerr Smith was already tired and old news. His desperation factor to put Jack (Dawson's Creek) behind him led to statements that seemed borderline homophobic and helped wrap up his career long before his stint on Charmed.
5) Tac Fitzgerald. Unlike Billy Zane or Kerr Smith, Fitzgerald actually had talent and was visually yummy. The problem with Tac was all on the writers. For one episode, he played a professor at Magic School (Ben). Paige, turned into a squabbling teen by Gramm's spell (actually a spell to help Chris and Wyatt get along but it backfired), goes to Magic School, pulls Ben out of class and kisses him.
That's it. He's never seen again. Not in season seven, not in season eight. They build a three-episode arc around Billy Zane and reduce Tac Fitzgerald to a few scenes in one episode?? I believe that is the text book definition of "bone headed."
6) Alyssa Milano in pig tails. Alyssa experiments with looks throughout the series and she's beautiful enough to pull off many looks. She really doesn't have bad angles and should be on People's most beautiful list every year. But pig tails high up on her head and sticking out like muffins? She looks like Minnie Mouse. I doubt that was the look she was going for.
Closing with C.I.'s "Iraq snapshot:"