Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Quick note

Wouldn't kiss all the asses that they told me to
No I could never follow
No
I could never follow
Its' been two long years now
Since the top of the world came crashing down
And I'm getting it back on the road now
But I'm taking the long way
-- "The Long Way Around" written by Emily Robison, Martie Maguire, Natalie Maines and Dan Wilson

That's from the first track on the Dixie Chicks' new album The Long Way. I wasn't sure what I'd think, but I really am loving this CD. I'll do a review of it this week at The Common Ills. For those wondering, I'm saving Free Design (completed) for Saturday.

That's really all I have to say today. I just want to listen to the Dixie Chicks CD. It's really pretty amazing.

But, reminder, on KPFA's Guns and Butter is tomorrow. Also tomorrow Gore Vidal will be on
KPFA's The Morning Show. This may be as a guest or they may play a speech he gave. If they play a speech and you're a Gore Vidal fan, remember it's pledge drive so they'll probably be offering it as a premium if you donate.