Thursday, January 01, 2009

Yada yada

I wasn't planning on posting today/night. I did my music in review and that should be more than enough.

However, I'm at C.I.'s and too lazy to go help with snacks. We're all about to watch some movies (probably including Cactus Flower because Dona's already said we haven't seen it in forever) and the gang headed off to the kitchen except Jim and myself. Good at protecting my own sloth, I immediately hollered, "I don't know what Jim's going to do but I'm getting online to blog!"

Seriously, I don't think I could move from this couch. I'm on Ty's laptop which he had on the coffee table in here.

I partied so hard last night and it was so much fun but my body is still doing the slow recovery. Oh, I could not believe what C.I. put into the entry tonight. It's true but we were all teasing her about it today. We should have been marveling. She left the part about 45 minutes before midnight, stayed up all night/morning having sex, came back here first thing and wrote the amazing year-in-review with no sleep. She's gotten through the entire day fueld on two Heinekens (which were both mixed with tomato juice) and 1/2 of one of those 99 cents bags of Ruffles.

I'll do links to the year-in-review pieces in a moment but have you read those? Leave me out, just focus on Betty, C.I., Ruth and Martha & Shirley. They wrote some amazing pieces.

Betty's "Thinning out the herd (2008)" went up tonight , my "2008 in music" went up this evening and C.I.'s "2008: The Year of Living Hormonally (Year in Review)" went up this morning, "2008 in books (Martha & Shirley)" -- Martha and Shirley's book commentary which went up Tuesday and Ruth's "Ruth's 2008 Public Radio Report" went up yesterday.

You really need to check those out. Skip mine if you want. Don't miss the rest. Amazing writing.

Also, Wally's "THIS JUST IN! THE UNITY TRAIN KEEPS ROLLING" and Cedric's "Unity train keeps on rolling . . ." went up tonight.

Check those out as well.

Happy new year!