Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Reba McEntire, Dolly Parton, Taylor Swift, Macklemore, Drake


Reba McEntire is paying tribute to her longtime friend on one of the biggest stages.

On August 25, the world was devastated to learn that Dolly Parton had died at age 80 from cancer. At the time, celebrities, including Reba, and fans paid tribute to the star's longtime career in music and TV, which included movies like Steel Magnolias and songs like "9 to 5."

Now, Reba is celebrating Dolly on a bigger platform, participating in a tribute to her at the 2026 Emmys on September 14. After opening remarks from Dolly's Steel Magnolias co-star Sally Field, Reba got onstage to perform Dolly's hit song "Appalachian Memories" in a stunning white bejeweled gown. Viewers saw Reba get emotional while honoring her late friend's legacy.
"I love you, Dolly, very much," she stated at the end of her performance.

Good for Reba.  Kory Grow (ROLLING STONE) reports on another event during the Emmys:

Taylor Swift and her cat, a Scottish fold named Olivia Benson, made a surprise appearance alongside Mariska Hargitay, who plays Olivia Benson on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, during the Emmys. The bit played off Hargitay's hosting duties at the awards show on Monday night.

In the bit, Hargitay as Benson storms into the SVU office and tells the staff that the brass just absolutely needs to know if Swift would be at the Emmys. Because Swifties think everything is a clue, she whips out a "crime board" and tries to connect the dots, like the number of Emmy nominations Abbott Elementary and DTF St. Louis got (13, Swift's lucky number), and how St. Louis is in Missouri, which is also where Kansas City is, and that's where Travis Kelce plays. It's a lot to track, but it all led to Swift's literally head-turning cameo.

So Taylor and Reba and Dolly's spirit were at the Emmys.

Macklemore.  He's been fired from Ed Sheeran's tour.  I think it's nonsense.  I've read Pink's remarks.  I think I see what she's speaking of but even so I think it was stupid to fire Macklemore.  


Drake is turning 40 years old on Oct. 24, and the OVO boss only has one wish for a birthday gift this year. The 6 God was inspired by seeing comedian Jeffrey Ross receive a video of Jim Carrey roasting him for his 61st birthday, which Ross posted to Instagram on Sunday (Sept. 13).

"Canadian mountain man Jim Carrey sent me this for my birthday," Ross wrote. "It made me so happy I had to share it with roast fans everywhere! EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP ROASTING ME IN THE COMMENTS BELOW ! ROASTING IS LOVE !"

The hilarious clip featured the actor ripping on Ross with jokes about how his mom had to sign an NDA when he was born because he was so ugly.

With a loaded bank account and high-profile connections across the globe, Drake can typically buy himself whatever he wants, but he loved the idea of having Carrey roast him so much that it's all he's looking for as a gift this year.

"Wow this is now all I want for my birthday," he commented.


Closing with C.I.'s "The Snapshot:"